Price List and Policies
Adoption Pricing and Process:
All "standard" varieties are $40 each.
Variberks/White Spotting line are $45 Each
Marble, Silvermane, Rex, Badger/Wedge Marking Lines are $50 each
- Once you have chosen your rats, deposits are required to hold until pick up. Babies must be picked up within a week of reserving or there will be an additional holding fee.
- Babies are available to be picked out (reserved) after they have undergone final temperament testing and are between 6-10 weeks old. (Varies upon lines and litter sizes)
- We DO NOT adopt our rats out in singles. All rats adopted must be in at least pairs. (This is for the well-being of the animal. It’s very important for them and their social development to have a like-age cage mate to grow with.)
- All accessories from our accessory shop are 10% off to all adopters!
(If you are interested, please fill out an application)
- Deposits are required to hold babies until pick up. Deposits are non-refundable.
- Our adoption process is as follows:
Once your application is completed, you can reserve your babies. Once litters are available for adoption, I will post them on our Facebook business page. I will reach out to individuals that have been put on the waitlist first. After that it is on a first come, first serve basis. Deposits must be paid in order to hold your rat(s) until pick up. RESERVE babies by text message, Facebook message, or call. (814.482.1583)
PRIORITY WAITLIST: Babies are available on a first come, first serve basis UNLESS you have contacted us and have paid to be put on a waitlist. This gives you priority to pick out babies first. This will guarantee you a spot BUT does not guarantee which variety or color you will get. Waitlists require more work, time, and organization on our end, so there is a $20 fee to sign up. This fee acts as compensation for the extra care and communication given to those on the priority waitlist. This allows you to have special priority over choosing available rats. This fee is non-refundable and is not part of your adoption fee. This is OPTIONAL, not a requirement. If you choose not to be on the waitlist, you can still adopt from us, on a first come first serve basis.
- LWR is a “closed Rattery”. That means we do not have adopters come to our location to protect the health and safety of the animals. And we are more than happy to share photos, videos, and updates with potential adopters!
- We require that you have an appropriate form of transportation at pick up, such as a closed, breathable container, or a small pet carrier or cage. I will not release babies unless they have an appropriate form of transportation! If you would like recommendations for an appropriate carrier (or any other supplies), please fill free to reach out!
- If you are not able to pick up your rats upon reservation, we can keep them for up to a week at the rattery. Otherwise, an additional $20 per week will be added to your adoption fee.
- Our offspring are sold as pets only.
As of March of 2021 our rattery has tested NEGATIVE for all known threatening viruses that rats are prone to carrying. This was done through Charles River Laboratory. Our rattery remains "closed" to the public to ensure no possibility of those viruses infecting the rattery. By this, we mean that no new animal will enter the premises and we do not have adopters come directly to our location, for the sake of safety and sanitation.
- I reserve the right to deny adoption to anyone, for any reason.
Create Your Own Website With Webador